Alafaya Slip & Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents are difficult to anticipate, as they can occur just about anywhere and at any time. There are, however, certain places where these kinds of accidents are especially common, including restaurants, grocery stores, and parking lots. Where a slip and fall accident took place has important repercussions on what a plaintiff must prove in order to recover compensation for accident-related losses, so if you were hurt while on someone else’s property, you should consider consulting with an Alafaya slip & fall lawyer who can investigate your claim and begin building your case.
What is a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall cases are a type of claim in which someone who was injured while on another person’s property attempts to recover compensation for related losses. The term slip and fall is often used to refer to any type of accident that involves a fall, but specifically involves situations where a person falls due to a lack of traction between themselves and the floor, or trips after striking an object. Typically, slip-related accidents are the result of stepping on a liquid substance, ice, or unanchored flooring, while trips are usually caused by poor lighting, uneven walking surfaces, or the presence of clutter in walkways.
Common Slip and Fall Locations
Slip and fall hazards are present everywhere. There are, however, certain places where dangerous conditions tend to crop up again and again, including:
- Grocery stores, where the presence of a wide variety of food and drinks makes spills a much more likely occurrence;
- Restaurants and bars, which often have poor lighting, as well as a risk of spilled food and drink;
- Gyms and training facilities, which usually have slick floors in locker rooms, shower areas, and bathrooms, in addition to unwieldy, heavy, and dangerous equipment;
- Sidewalks and driveways, which can be dangerous when broken, wet, cracked, or icy;
- Retail stores with poor lighting, slick floors, or clutter in walkways;
- Swimming pools, where there are almost always puddles on locker room floors and in bathrooms, as well as around the pools themselves;
- Escalators and elevators, which are notorious for causing slip and fall accidents if poorly maintained; and
- The workplace, especially in the construction, manufacturing, and warehousing industries, where employees must often navigate around heavy equipment and machinery.
These are by no means the only places where a person can be injured in a slip and fall accident, so if you were hurt somewhere else and have questions about your own recovery options, please reach out to our legal team today.
Were You Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident?
If you were injured in an accident as a result of a property owner’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation. To learn more about filing your own claim, please call Israoui Law today and a member of our legal team will help you schedule a free consultation with an experienced Alafaya slip and fall lawyer. You can reach us by calling 407-381-4529 24 hours a day, seven days a week.