Electric Scooters Create Driving Risks
The popularity of electric scooters has soared in recent years. For some, it is their preferred mode of transportation, providing an eco-friendly and convenient way to navigate urban areas. While there are a lot of reasons to choose scooters, they also pose significant risks to riders and other road users, particularly when it comes to accidents involving cars.
When an accident happens due to electric scooters creating Florida driving risks, talk to a legal team about what recovery options are available. After an electric scooter, vehicle, or motorcycle injury, talk to an Orlando personal injury lawyer.
When Do Accidents Happen Between Scooters and Cars?
Electric scooters share traffic areas with cars, trucks, and other vehicles, which can unfortunately result in accidents. There are several ways that accidents between electric scooters and cars can happen:
- Distracted driving. Drivers who are texting, eating, or otherwise distracted are more likely to collide with an electric scooter rider.
- Blind spots. Many cars have blind spots that can make it difficult for the car driver to see individuals operating smaller transportation options, such as electric scooters, especially in busy traffic or low-light conditions.
- Cars that are speeding or driving too fast for the conditions may not be able to stop in time to avoid hitting an electric scooter rider.
- Failure to yield. Drivers who fail to yield to electric scooter riders at crosswalks or other intersections can cause accidents.
- Poor road conditions. Potholes, uneven pavement, and other road hazards can cause an electric scooter rider to lose control and collide with a car.
After an electric scooter accident in Central Florida, it’s important to seek legal advice from an Orlando legal team. Lawyers can help you navigate the FL legal system and push back when an insurance company offers you a settlement number that will not adequately compensate you for your injuries and losses.
When Does It Make Sense to Talk to an Orlando Legal Team?
While it is always important to seek legal advice after an accident between an electric scooter and a car, there are some situations where it is imperative. For example, if you suffered serious injuries in an electric scooter accident, a legal team can help you pursue the level of compensation you will need. Always speak to an experience accident attorney before speaking to any insurance company.
What questions do you have after a Florida electric scooter accident? If you’ve been injured, seek legal advice from an Orlando legal team and learn about ways to pursue the financial recovery you need to settle your accident expenses. Call the injury attorneys at Israoui Law at 407-381-4529 to schedule a fee-free consultation and connect with the personal attention you deserve.