Common Questions for Victims of Slip and Falls in Orlando
A slip and fall occurs when a person’s foot slides across the floor, causing them to lose their balance and fall on the ground. Slip and falls are a common part of life in Orlando. Slip and falls take place at several properties including resorts, amusement parks, theme parks, restaurants, malls and stores, and even just walking in a neighborhood. These slip and falls often leave victims with serious injuries, with some of them resulting in lawsuits.
Basics of a Slip and Fall Case in Orlando
Slip and fall cases fall under a personal injury claim that a person has the right to pursue if the slip and fall is a result of the property owner’s negligence or that of the entity in control of the property. Once the victim files the lawsuit, along with a qualified Orlando personal injury lawyer, he or she bears the burden of proving that because of the owner’s negligence, the slip and fall occurred and it caused the injuries the victim received.
Throughout the course of the case, specifically in a deposition during the discovery process, the victim will receive common slip and fall questions from the property owner by way of the defense attorney. The way the victim answers the questions can be the difference between the victim getting the full amount of compensation he or she deserves and losing the ability to recover compensation at all. The questions seek to gain information regarding the victim’s background, how the accident happened and the victim’s medical history.
Common Questions for Victims of Slips and Falls
Some of the common questions for victims of slip and fall cases include:
- Where did you slip on the property?
- What types of shoes were you wearing at the time of the accident?
- Were you carrying anything in your hands at the time?
- Were you talking on the cell phone at the time of the accident?
- Did you know the substance was on the ground before your incident?
- What was the weather like at the time?
- What time did the incident happen?
- What types of injuries do you have?
- Who are the healthcare providers that you saw in connection with this incident?
- Did any other parts of your body touch the ground?
- Have you had an incident like this in the past?
- Do you have any medical conditions?
- How are you handling the medical bills?
- What is your normal gait? Or how do you normally walk?
- What effect are your injuries having on your life?
Although this is not a complete list of questions, some of the questions the defense attorney asks are tactics to make the victim show that he or she contributed to the incident. The victim’s personal injury attorney will know when to object to certain questions and help the victim prepare to answer the questions to keep from negatively impacting the case.
If You Receive Injuries from a Slip and Fall in Orlando, Contact Israoui Law
Contact the Orlando slip and fall lawyers at Israoui Law for help with your slip and fall matter. We dedicate our time to represent you and will make sure you get the compensation you deserve. For a free case consultation, call 407-381-4529. At Israoui Law, personal attention matters.